Monday meetings and April 25th workshop

Thanks Cindy for the all the work you are doing. We all need things to keep us busy, especially music.

I don’t think this is going to be a surprise to any of you, but we need to suspend our Monday sessions until we are told it is safe to meet again. Trinity is not open to outside groups now and they are considering extending their “no groups” policy soon.

Our April 25 workshop is also in doubt. I’ll wait on that decision but it is seems unlikely that the workshop will be held.

Keep healthy and in touch.

Gary

Spring 2020

Yes, please include me.  It will help if we can all stay connected and
respond to each other as much as we can.  Isolation is one of the worst
side-effects of this epidemic.

Gary

On 3/16/2020 10:31 AM, Cindy wrote:
> Hello, Everybody!
> Desperate times call for desperate measures. Since we are unable to
> meet as an ensemble, I’m going to have to “up my game” as they say and
> learn to teach and coach by electronic media. Fortunately, my kids are
> millennial and I’m sure they will help me get set up here at home.
> Please be patient. I have ideas to share with you, a few things to
> keep you enjoying your recorder playing while in isolation.
> If you want to be included, please send me an email. If you have
> ideas, I’m happy to hear it. Meanwhile, stay well and watch your email
> box.
> xoxo
> Cindy
> —
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups “Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members” group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to
> windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/F94CEB2F90A840F4BACF10E7EC73AADD%40HOMEHP
> <groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/F94CEB2F90A840F4BACF10E7EC73AADD%40HOMEHP?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Spring 2020

Thank you, Cindy – count me in!
Will keep the recorders dusted off.
I appreciate your willingness to attempt to keep us going! 😊

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 16, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Cindy <bassoonmom@att.net> wrote:
>
> 
> Hello, Everybody!
>
> Desperate times call for desperate measures. Since we are unable to meet as an ensemble, I’m going to have to “up my game” as they say and learn to teach and coach by electronic media. Fortunately, my kids are millennial and I’m sure they will help me get set up here at home. Please be patient. I have ideas to share with you, a few things to keep you enjoying your recorder playing while in isolation.
>
> If you want to be included, please send me an email. If you have ideas, I’m happy to hear it. Meanwhile, stay well and watch your email box.
>
> xoxo
> Cindy
> —
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members” group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/F94CEB2F90A840F4BACF10E7EC73AADD%40HOMEHP.

Spring 2020

Thank you, Cindy – count me in!
Will keep the recorders dusted off.
I appreciate your willingness to attempt to keep us going! 😊

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 16, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Cindy <bassoonmom@att.net> wrote:
>
> 
> Hello, Everybody!
>
> Desperate times call for desperate measures. Since we are unable to meet as an ensemble, I’m going to have to “up my game” as they say and learn to teach and coach by electronic media. Fortunately, my kids are millennial and I’m sure they will help me get set up here at home. Please be patient. I have ideas to share with you, a few things to keep you enjoying your recorder playing while in isolation.
>
> If you want to be included, please send me an email. If you have ideas, I’m happy to hear it. Meanwhile, stay well and watch your email box.
>
> xoxo
> Cindy
> —
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members” group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/F94CEB2F90A840F4BACF10E7EC73AADD%40HOMEHP.

Recommendation from ARS

For those who are not members of the American Recorder Society, I
thought I would pass on their latest recommendation about group meetings.

March 2020
A note to American Recorder Society Chapters, Consorts, Recorder
Orchestras, and Members

As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to spread in the United States, many
organizations are canceling public gatherings.  The ARS board is aware
that some of our chapters have recently canceled upcoming sessions and
the ARS board of directors has decided to hold its spring board meeting
via video conference.  ARS chapters, consorts and recorder orchestras
are independent organizations and make their own decisions, but ARS is
suggesting you consider cancelling gatherings for the next 30-60 days in
an abundance of caution.

Sincerely,

David Podeschi
President

Monday night sessions of the Winds

Thank you Gary! So…see you all in a few weeks. Let’s try to slow down and “do what we can!” (Get the Michael East reference?)
I really enjoyed the music this session, and am glad we got to run it all on Monday. Betty, sorry you had to miss!
Thank you, Cindy, for your guidance. We owe you lunch, or at the very least, a beer.
I look forward to next session, whenever that may be!
Marjie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 12, 2020, at 9:45 AM, ‘Gary Rosenshield’ via Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members <windsofsouthernwisconsin-members@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I have talked with Cindy and Beverly about what we should do about our next Monday night meetings. We have agreed that it is probably best that we suspend, for starters, our first three meetings of our spring session. In about two weeks, we will know a lot more about the situation regarding the corona virus, and we can make another decision about when and if we can resume meeting.
>
> I know personally that I have to be much more careful. My wife is severely compromised, having been hospitalized for four major pulmonary issues over the last few years.
>
> So let’s take a brake and see where we are in a few weeks.
>
> Stay healthy!
>
> Gary
>
> —
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members” group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/07dfd720-ccab-e00f-a44d-441aed419284%40wisc.edu.

Monday night sessions of the Winds

Thank you Gary! So…see you all in a few weeks. Let’s try to slow down and “do what we can!” (Get the Michael East reference?)
I really enjoyed the music this session, and am glad we got to run it all on Monday. Betty, sorry you had to miss!
Thank you, Cindy, for your guidance. We owe you lunch, or at the very least, a beer.
I look forward to next session, whenever that may be!
Marjie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 12, 2020, at 9:45 AM, ‘Gary Rosenshield’ via Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members <windsofsouthernwisconsin-members@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I have talked with Cindy and Beverly about what we should do about our next Monday night meetings. We have agreed that it is probably best that we suspend, for starters, our first three meetings of our spring session. In about two weeks, we will know a lot more about the situation regarding the corona virus, and we can make another decision about when and if we can resume meeting.
>
> I know personally that I have to be much more careful. My wife is severely compromised, having been hospitalized for four major pulmonary issues over the last few years.
>
> So let’s take a brake and see where we are in a few weeks.
>
> Stay healthy!
>
> Gary
>
> —
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Winds of Southern Wisconsin Members” group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to windsofsouthernwisconsin-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit groups.google.com/d/msgid/windsofsouthernwisconsin-members/07dfd720-ccab-e00f-a44d-441aed419284%40wisc.edu.

Monday night sessions of the Winds

I have talked with Cindy and Beverly about what we should do about our
next Monday night meetings.  We have agreed that it is probably best
that we suspend, for starters, our first three meetings of our spring
session.  In about two weeks, we will know a lot more about the
situation regarding the corona virus, and we can make another decision
about when and if we can resume meeting.

I know personally that I have to be much more careful.  My wife is
severely compromised, having been hospitalized for four major pulmonary
issues over the last few years.

So let’s take a brake and see where we are in a few weeks.

Stay healthy!

Gary

concert this saturday is canceled

Anne-Marie has informed me that Capitol Lakes in cancelling all group
events starting today.  They will not be letting groups into the
facility.   So we will not be allowed to play there on Saturday.  Since
there is no other place we can play, on such short notice, we need to
cancel the concert this Saturday.

I hope to see you on Monday.  But, let’s be realistic, a lot of places
are closing down or discouraging large gatherings.  I assume Monday
night rehearsal is fine, but Trinity might decide otherwise.  I’ll keep
everyone posted so please make sure that you look at your e-mail.

Gary

MBM 2020 Summer Chamber Music Workshop

Hi Winds Members,

Lisette will teach at the Madison Bach Musicians Summer Chamber Music
Workshop this year. If you don’t find what you need below, please write
Lisette for more info!

Randy

Madison Bach Musicians is pleased to offer the *6th Annual Summer
Chamber Music Workshop *over four days in July focusing on Baroque and
Classical music. This workshop is open to intermediate and advanced
players who are high school age on up. Participants will be assigned to
an ensemble group, and music will be sent in advance to allow musicians
to learn their parts beforehand. The workshop will include personalized
ensemble coaching, special topic sessions, master classes, Baroque dance
rhythm and movement class, a faculty concert, community lunches, and a
final closing concert for friends and family.

*Applications are being accepted NOW* (Early application discount until
March 15th)

madisonbachmusicians.org/summer-workshop/